I absolutely, one hundred percent, cannot believe we are only half way through the first month of 2015! We have 351 days to go. What?!
We are only two weeks into January, but I have already found some little treasures, including beauty treats and foodie delights. And I want to share them with you!
So, here are 5 things that I have already fallen in love with this year:
1. Aveda Smooth Infusion
Oh my days, imagine if every hair on your head was a gorgeously soft strand of silk, hand crafted by angels with the most delicate touch. Yeah, that’s how my hair feels after using Aveda’s Smooth Infusion Shampoo and Conditioner. Seriously.
Even the box looks like a gift from heaven!
I know that sounds a little dramatic, but I honestly couldn’t believe the difference it made to my hair. In the past, I have used a range of different hair products, but this was my typical routine:
- TRESemme Keratin Smooth Shampoo & Conditioner
- John Frieda Full Repair Intensive Treatment Mask
- Moroccan Oil
- L’Oreal Elnett Heat Protect Spray
I’ve never had any issues with any of those products, and my hair has always been healthy and in good condition. However, returning to TRESemme after using Aveda’s bottles of magic for a few weeks was an absolute nightmare! My hair felt heavy and stiff, my head felt irritated and it lost that clean hair smell after only a day.
I know my hair is probably being a diva, because I didn’t have these problems before, but I can’t imagine using anything other than Aveda now.
As well as making my hair look and feel amazing, the Smooth Infusion range has just a beautiful fragrance – so fresh and delicate, yet lasts for days! Another reason as to why, only 14 days into the new year, I have fallen in love with Aveda’s Smooth Infusion range.
2. Guilt Free Pancake Pleasure
I have to thank my fabulous friend Gabriella for this plate full of pleasure, as I pinched (with her permission) the recipe from her blog.
I really want to try the Paleo diet, but as a lover of all things non-Paleo, I need to ease my way into it. That is why I originally tried out these Gluten Free Banana and Blueberry Pancakes. *dribbles some more*
I’ve made these quite a few times now and they are perfect for post workout treats or those Saturday’s when you roll out of bed at 11.30am and you’re faced with the difficult decision: do I have breakfast or wait for lunch? Well, now you know… you have pancakes! .
I always keep the recipe for the pancake mix the same:
Gluten Free Banana and Blueberry Pancakes
- 1 Medium Banana
- 2 Large Eggs
- 50g Ground Almonds
- 1 Large Handful of Blueberries
- 1/2 teaspoon of Bicarbonate of Soda
- 2 tablespoons of Melted Coconut Oil – optional
- If you’re using coconut oil, melt this in the microwave
- Mash your banana and try to remove any lumps.
- Using a fork, give your eggs a good Whisk in a bowl
- Add the mashed banana, ground almond, blueberries and bicarbonate of soda into the eggs and mix thoroughly
- Once cooled, stir in the coconut oil. Your pancake mix is ready!
- (To make 3-4 medium sized pancakes) Ladle the pancake mix into a pan (the pan should be hot and now on a medium-high heat) one ladle at a time – or more if your pan is big enough. They should only take 2-3 minutes each side, but are usually ready to flip when the edges start to come away from the pan. Now they are ready to serve!
When it comes to what to serve them with, I always opt for something different. Here are some of my favourite toppings:
- Sliced banana, blueberries, honey, vanilla yogurt, almonds and hazelnuts
- Warmed peanut butter and sliced banana
- Maple syrup, pecans and raisins
- Vanilla yogurt, honey and granola
Oh how I wish I was digging into a pile of these dreamy delights right now!
3. Dog Selfies
Yes, that says Dog Selfies. As my mother and father so rightly said: your two favourite things!
I got this little book for Christmas and I must go through it at least once a day – it is amazing!
I love this book for two reasons:
- Basically, I can relate to the majority of them… particularly #whitedogwasted
- Willis and I are the champions of selfies and I like to see what his competition is doing
4. ‘Tis The Season to Eat Creme Eggs
Look, I had a creme egg the other day (okay, maybe 2) and it tasted as gorgeous as it always has done. The center oozed perfection, the chocolate was melt in the mouth delicious and deciding on how to eat the *dribbles* sweet, sticky middle was as thrilling as it always has been (personally, I’m a licker).
I agree it is a bit darn right cheeky that they have changed the 6 box into a 5 box, but they are just too good to stay angry at. What can I say, I’ve always had a weak spot for the bad boy!
I mean, look at this amazing
Creme Egg and Malteaster Chocolate Mountain Gluten Free Chocolate Fudge Cake (courtesy of The Waiting Room):
You’re telling me you’re not going to eat a Creme Egg because they’ve slightly changed the chocolate? Please.
5. Naked, Urban Decay
I can’t get enough of Urban Decay!
I have been a fan for years now, and I am a proud owner of several eye shadow palettes, primers and mascaras. They have been my ‘go too’ brand for eye make up since I was around 15 and I don’t see that ending anytime soon.
Most recently, I have fallen in love with their Naked Palette. I know I am slightly behind the times, but I pretty much had the palette within my other palettes and singular shades. However, I ran out of 3 of my favourites last year – Smog, Half Baked (also my favourite ice cream flavour) and Toasted – and thought this would be the perfect time to buy the Naked Palette (or have my amazing brother buy it for me <3).
Surprise, surprise, I love it! And I’m glad I held off on getting it, as I have more of an understanding of what colours work with my skin tone and what eye shadow goes with what lipstick etc.
I have relatively big eyes and find that having eye shadow under my eyes makes them pop even more. However, when I was younger I used to do this with jet blacks and really dark browns – making me look like a plague victim. Now I understand that Virgin, Sidecar or Half Baked are more suited as under eye enhancers, which means I trust myself to play with pretty palettes like this!
The main reason this palette has made my January love list is because it is so diverse; I can quite easily transform a ‘day in the office eye’ into a ‘at the cocktail bar making the eye eye’. And with their amazing primers, I don’t have to worry about smudging or fading!
So, there you have it! Those 5 little things there, are partly the reason I am so happy this month!